Monday, January 14, 2013

Rebels on a Mission

In memorial of the 3rd anniversary of the horrific earthquake that hit Port Au Prince January 12th, I thought I would share this little slideshow I just made for a presentation at Roncalli High School.  It highlights some of the most beautiful pictures, favorite stories and insights on what I've learned from my mission trips to Haiti and my continued involvement in the Haiti ministry at St. John's.

I'm also blessed by people like my old German teacher asking me to do presentations on my experience.  This keeps the moments alive and fresh in my heart and so grateful that I've been able to see what I've seen and witness again to a God who loves and cares for us all.

Haiti still struggles to rebuild, even three years after the earthquake and with the multitude of disease outbreaks and hurricanes.  The people are in my prayers and I know, more than anything, they long for a friendship with those who are concerned with their needs and will listen to their pleading voices.

Even when I'm tempted to forget, reality (through being on committees, or getting interviewed, or doing small projects like this) tends to ask me to revisit my short stints to this impoverished nation.

I'm proud to be part of a parish that has a sister relationship with another parish in Haiti and more and more connections are being made every day!

Feel free to click on the slideshow and check it out for yourself!  The show is pretty simple, but then again, so is Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment