Thursday, January 17, 2013

Eating Clean in Pictures!

This post is a sister post with My Journey of Eating Clean.  I'm no photographer, and these were all done with my phone, but you can get it, I'm sure.
THE BOOK THAT STARTED IT ALL.  WELL, AND MY FRIEND, BRAD'S, RECOMMENDATION

PLATES OF MANY COLORS
Rice, black beans, asparagus, chicken

Spaghetti and homemade meat sauce, green beans

"African Potatoes," fish, asparagus
Rice Salad: Brown rice, tomatoes, green onions, garlic, etc

LEARNING SOMETHING NEW--EVEN WHEN I'M ALMOST THIRTY!

So this yogurty, drink/milk stuff, sounds, looks, and feels nasty.  However, it doesn't taste half-bad (if you get the sweetened stuff) and is totally helpful with digestion.

Where has Aldi been all my life?? Now that I need many more groceries, I feel like I'm here all the time.  Cheap prices for stuff we all need and I like that it forces me to bring my own bags to shop with.

I never, ever knew how to peel a spaghetti squash and now, I'm pretty much obsessed.  Cheap.  Huge servings, and totally clean.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
BRAZILIAN SQUASH from Eat Clean Book
The good: Tastes so freaking good and is a little bit sweet

BROWN RICE PATTIES from Eat Clean Cookbook
Ugly and Bad: Kind of bland, didn't stick together and looks like poop on a cookie sheet

Egg Fritatas in Cupcake Containers (idea from Ali Blake)
Good, bad, AND ugly: Taste amazing.  Took forever to get my pan clean and I should have shredded up the spinach.  I don't think they look very appetizing...hence, ugly.

KALE CHIPS from Eat Clean Cookbook
Look how pretty!  These were YUMMY right out of the oven and really did satisfy my chip craving.  The nasty part about it is that they don't save very well by wilting and getting mushy. 

AND WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE....

I'm left with a crap load of dishes! :)  

See more about this new Eat Clean life at My Journey of Eating Clean