Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Noticing November!

When I walked into Walmart on October 21st and saw Christmas decorations, I couldn't believe it.  Then, I saw this on someone's Facebook wall:

Dear December,

Wait your turn!

Love, November

I've always been a big fan of November (and you'll be able to see why looking through the rest of this post) but I think it's a lesson to all of us to just ENJOY the present.  It's a reminder to not be worrying about the future or hoping that the past was back to stay.  The present moment is all you have right now.  What are you doing with it?

Having trouble loving November for who she is?  (Yes!  November is a 'she' in my book.)  How about these suggestions:

Something enveloping the entire fall season is the wrap up of fall sports.  I love all the tournaments at the local high school level as well as my little St. Susanna Spartans going for their city title! 

1. November 1st was All Saints Day (see my All Saints Day post if you want more)

2. November 13th: MY BIRTHDAY!  I bet if you think really hard, you can think of at least ONE amazing person in your life that was born in November.  Maybe it's just because I pay attention more to people with November birthdays, but this month seems LOADED with them!

3. November 17th-19th: National Catholic Youth Conference in Indianapolis. 25,000 high school youth coming together to learn more about the Catholic faith.  I took a day off just to volunteer I want to be part of it so badly! :)

4. November 21st marks the FIRST of my (hopefully many) Zumba classes and a launch in my "career" as a fitness instructor.  I'm so excited and nervous, I could puke!

5. November 24th: THANKSGIVING DAY!  MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY

6. November 25th: BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING. MY FAVORITE POST-THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY ACTIVITY!

7. November 27th: The Catholic Mass (in the English speaking world) revamps with updated prayers.  It's going to be a little awkward at first, but as I'm educating myself more and more about why the changes are there, I'm thankful to be following the Body of Christ that is bigger and wiser than myself!

So, that's what I have.  Take it or leave it.  The point is that YOU find something that brings you real, true life this November.  Life doesn't just start with preparations for Christmas....it has goodness all year round! :)