Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, BABY BLOG!

So...what's happened in a year?
1. I discovered Zumba in January of this past year and proceeded to lose 20 pounds doing it.  I'm also becoming Zumba certified this Saturday.
2. I took my first ever silent retreat this past Spring Break and got to grow even more in my relationship with God!
3. I've said so many goodbyes to friends this year it is absolutely ridiculous...but absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Also, I had a really good friendship go sour this year, somewhat unexpectedly, through a lot of misunderstanding, lack of communication and mistakes on both parties.  I'm still praying for reconciliation with that one!
4. I started graduate school...what a professional undertaking THAT has been.
5. I somehow navigated myself through teaching elementary school for the first time after teaching at the middle school level for four years.
6. I'm seeing greater peace in my life as 'single' and despite a vast number of crushes, I'm waiting on him to figure out that I'm worth pursuing!
7. I visited Haiti for the second time and my personal sacrifice was much more this year than the first.
8. Did I say I lost 20 pounds? 
9. Bonded with my niece, Lydia, babysitting her two days a week over the summer. 
10. STARTED THIS BLOG...The start of my blog was as an experiment. I had just taken a short class on blogging and wanted to see what it was all about and if my kids could do it too. Although I'm not convinced it's the best or most helpful thing for fourth graders and their learning, I FELL IN LOVE WITH BLOGGING...

October 18th! The day I started my blog and entered this unknown digital world of blogging, following people I don't even know and having connections with people I never thought possible. For example, where else can I read the latest Catholic gossip from a Vatican reporter AND hear about my friend's experience in Thailand all in the same day? It's amazing!
It's a place where you can come to solid judgements about weird situations or proclaim the truth in certainty! :)  In my first post, I wrote, "I hope that blogging can bring me clarity, joy, and greater verification that Jesus Christ is risen and living in our world."

How am I doing?  I can say that today,  more than ever, I want to see Him living in our world and offering me a peace and joy that the world can't possibly offer on its own!  Have a rocking week, everyone!