Saturday, August 27, 2011

Slim Pickins'

So now that the school year is BACK IN ACTION, I'm very excited to announce that I've started monitoring my food consumption again.  As fun as summer is, it is SO EASY to slack off on how much money you are spending, how many times you go out to eat, and how much you pig out at summer picnic potlucks. Yikes.

Just for funsies, I'm sharing a list of things that make eating right really fun because God allowed them to taste so good.  The other list are all those other things that ALSO taste really good and I think God must have put those in my life as healthy temptation.

Stuff I Could Eat All The Time and Be Guilt Free: (in moderation, of course)
  • Bananas
  • Plums
  • Nectarines
  • Carrots
  • Spinach
  • Cooked Onions
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Asaparagus
  • Rice
  • Salmon
  • Chicken (any kind of chicken...seriously doesn't matter)
  • Pretzels
  • Chip-Ins (My NEWEST discovery!)
  • Crystal Light
  • Cucumbers
  • Popcorn
  • Bagel Thins
  • Fiber One Bars
Stuff I Could Also Eat All The Time (and if I wasn't on myfitnesspal.com I probably would)
  • French Fries
  • Sweet Tea from McCallisters or McDonalds
  • Donuts
  • Cakey Cake
  • Chocolate
  • Brownies
  • Any type of chip..Potato, Tortilla
  • Taco Bell's Grilled Stuft Burritos
  • Peanut Butter
I'm excited to say that since I started this little "monitoring my weight and activity" venture on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ about nine months ago, I've lost 22 pounds and I plan on losing about ten more!  Thank God for it's accountability feature AND it telling me how many calories I lose doing Zumba and line dancing!  What a gift!  You guys should check it out!