Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's a Good Day...

1. Mucinex. 
How is it possible that two little tablets can make so much snot come out of your nose?  It's amazing how much more energy I have when my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode off my shoulders.

2. MyFitnessPal.com
I should also lump "Zumba" into this category.  I'm very excited about my turn towards better health that started in late November.  I joined http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to start counting my calories and share that with my friends and family who are also members.  (It's free if you are interested!)  I also joined the YMCA and started taking Zumba classes about 3-4 times per week.  It's high energy and full of dance moves and I don't have to feel ashamed about sweating!  (As I do sometimes when line dancing...I mean come on, you can't really woo the men that way!)  Anyway, I've lost eight pounds so far, but more simply, I'm just happy to be taking care of the body God gave me.

3. Outdoor Recess
My students FINALLY got to play outside today and I got them out of my classroom!  No wonder we are all sick together...it's because we never leave!

4. Hope for the Future
I have Christ in my life, whose love outweighs any trial that may come my way and THIS is a reason to celebrate!  Also, I just officially sent in my application to receive a grant to get my master's degree, so I'm pretty pumped about that too and I'm SURE we'll see more blog posts about that year-long adventure!