Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Iced In and Thankful

I had a super busy week this week...or at least that was the plan.  Catholic Schools Week, report cards, one-on-one student conferences, conferences with parents during all my plan periods, etc.  The "to-do" list was ridiculous.  One of those times where you are forced to say, "Okay, God, I give you this day because I know I can't get it all done!"

Then the unthinkable happens...a HUGE ICE STORM.  A few days of school are cancelled and BANG...I've got all the time in the world.  I was sharing with Fr. Rick today that God's always surprising (and a little funny) about how He takes care of things.

Fr. Rick said, "Maybe this was His way of telling everyone to slow down." It's sooo true!  Here's to a few days of simplicity...a little gift from God.  A time where I can get all my papers graded, read things I've been wanting to read for months, and get some sleep!  When lived intentionally days of "nothing" can really honor God just like the busy ones.

And my prayer when it DOES start to get busy again will be to never forget this Lord who hears my plea and looks at me with undeserved mercy.  That I continue to fall in love ever deeper with this real Presence.