Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Humble Prayer

I've been relfecting on this all week:

"God longs for us to speak 'let it be done unto me according to Thy Word' so that the greatest miracle of all can happen: a saint be made out of a sinner."  (Peter Kreeft's Prayer for Beginners)

In these recent weeks, I've seen the numerous times that God is offering sainthood to me, but I MUST choose it.  Will I be humble admist criticisms (constructive and not so) from my boss, coworkers, friends and family?  Can I love without possessing?  Can I accept what God gives instead of always wishing for something better?  Can I see His goodness when I'm so blinded by what I think is best?

May this week I choose to live as a saint and may God's grace do the rest...in the ordinary ways of life.

As Mary once uttered, "May it be done unto me according to Thy Word."  Come, Lord Jesus!