Friday, November 12, 2010

You Know You're a Teacher When...

We hear that being a teacher is not just a job, but a vocation.  This is true in MANY ways, but four things specifically happened yesterday that made me laugh...

I Know I'm A Teacher When...

1.  I can "hold it" for eight hours or more

2. I take my papers to grade into the eyebrow threading place.

3.  I'm making chocolate pudding at eleven o'clock at night for my students' "Fun Friday" activity.

4. Instead of saying that one of my friend's was sick, I said he was "absent."  Haha.

I plan to add more to this list as things naturally occur.  It won't take long.

To any soon-to-be teachers out there, be ready for that classroom of kids to be a HUGE part of your daily life.  And for master teachers, don't be upset with yourself or think you're life is "out of balance" when it does.  You are just a GOOD teacher!

MORE OBSERVATIONS
5. You also grade papers at the dentist's office and occasionally miss time with friends to do this.

6. Refer to them as "my kids" on a quite daily basis.

7. I see my students awake more than their parents seem them.

8. My mood affects their mood.