- that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
- when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
- for the difficult times. During those times, you grow!
- for your limitations. Because they give you opportunites for improvement.
- for each new challenge. Because it will build strength and character.
- for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
- when you're tired and weary. Because it means you've made a difference.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles.
(Oh and P.S. I completely did not make this up...It's one of those email forwards...but I've had it since 2007 and it was in my Thanksgiving files at school...I figured with the kind of year I've had, these words couldn't be more true! I am so thankful for persevering through challenges, hardships and being given so much grace to see joy in any circumstance! Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!)